Monday, August 31, 2009

Review: "P.S I love you"



"P.S I love you" is an American drama, directed by Richard Lagravenese. It is set in the lower east side of Manhattan. The main characters are Holly, played by Hilary Swank, and Gerry, played by Gerard Butter.





In the film, they are a happily married couple. The story begins with a dramatic climax when Gerry is diagnosed a terminal brain tumor. Knowing he only has a short time to live, Gerry writes Holly a series of letter that will help her cope with grief and will accompany her in her new future. Besides, he always sings off each letter with the phrase: "P.S I love you"

Despite the fact that Holly's mother and friends think these humorous messages are keeping Holly bound to the past, the truth is that she learns to enjoy life again after the death of her husband.

This is definitely a chick flick that will make you not only cry but also laugh. Gerard was excellent in his part and Hilary did a fine job as well. She makes you feel her pain. Her acting is outstanding. You shold definitely see it!





In my personal opinion it is the best romantic comedy in a very long time because of its originality and the touching story.





Florencia Di Martino

3 comments:

  1. Flor, I don't know how post my review !
    Could you tell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! first of all you have to create a google account. Then, click in the title: "This is a writing prompt" and after that, click "Acceder" (on the top-right)
    Finally, click on "Nueva entrada" and post your review! =)

    Byeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flor! Thanks for helping Soofi out. Now you can show everyone else how to post their reviews too!

    Thanks for reminding me that I need to see this movie. I guess I'm afraid it will be terribly depressing, but your review gives me hope that the film offers some sort of an uplifting message in the end.

    These chilly, grey days are slightly disappointing after such a relieving stretch of sun. But they're the perfect excuse to stay in and watch a movie. Don't you think?

    Well, thanks again for sharing your review, and talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete